Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Just Doing My Part


For many years now I've admired the dedication and devotion that S.P.A.W (Society for the Preservation of Artificial Wildlife) has exhibited - specifically at Exit 19 off of Rt. 93. I've long wanted to contribute to their efforts in my own small way, but always had the steadfast belief that artificial wildlife should always be either given to you as a gift, or stolen from another's lawn....In fact I had been admiring a beautifully cast cement Flamingo that one of my neighbors have, but I feared they would perhaps not share my conviction or see the humor in finding it relocated to my yard.
This morning as I approached my desk at work I spotted the package there addressed to me.....What's this? I haven't ordered anything....? No, I hadn't indeed.....it was a gift!
You may well imagine my joy and amusement at finding these two fine fellows carefully packaged and safely delivered by the USPS.
So now....I have a start (Thank you Chris Daley!) and am looking forward to many happy years with these and any others that may find their happiness in my gardens.

No comments: