Monday, June 15, 2009

Really Bad Minton














Hannah came down for her father's 50th birthday party this weekend and the birthday festivities went happily without a hitch, except for me - during a semi-serious game of Badminton I managed to injure my shoulder all while giving the opposing team critical points. It's a little hard to pick up a coffee cup.....but I managed that ever critical task too....
Yesterday morning, her friend Eric came down to pick her up at my house. So, while I was benched they were able to start a new Badminton game in the street before I made them come back in the yard. They put up a pioneer style net and played there after.

During the photodocumentation process I noticed that my Blackberry has a Sepia photo mode, so some of the rest of the pictures of the weekend show how food was prepared in the pioneer days. Back then you had to make neutral faces, or frown so as not to get too tired during the very long exposure, so I asked both of them to do just that. They both look remarkably angry with me.....no?





















Hannah was very pleased that the Foxglove and Peonies bloomed this year. She also braved some weeding....very brave in that there was a rather large blackberry (not the phone) that was taking over one side of the walkway. Luckily she had her welding gloves in the car and yanked it up without injury to herself or others, but determined sadly - the gloves were nearly useless when playing frisby. Who knew? Another entry in the annals of scientific discovery.







Hannah glove-testing









A Garden Shot




















A Gloved Porch Shot













No comments: