Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hannah's Iris

As hoped for - the yellow Iris opened today. We didn't know what color they'd be since we picked them out of a bin at the Agway. They're still pretty, but not as fierce looking as the Blue Flags. Today was a pretty good day, but a lot of running around. It reached 100 in Manchester and the sign in Nashua read 103 around 3pm. I left the AC on for the kitties (and me for when I got home) and it was just 84 compared to 90 when I got home yesterday.
I called the oil company to have my tank filled now since I have no hope that the price will go down before winter. Today the price for kerosene was 4.99.9 up from 3.79.9 I paid last December. I wonder how people are going to stay warm next winter and why we can't have just half of this heat then? I hope that having these pictures will sustain me.

No comments: