Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Well, There's Always the Garden

No lying - it really did turn out RED!

Flashy snap pea blossoms aye?

Arugula has bolted.

Nasturtiums being Nasturtiums as only they can.

Lola - The rice and Bonita tuna flake carpet spreader....welcome home Mommy!

I went to the dentist today thinking I'd be getting a root canal but got some antibiotics and confirmation that I need a root canal that has been scheduled for next Thursday. The interesting part came when I was informed it would cost $671 out of pocket.
When I got home there was about 3/4 cup of Batsmati rice and Bonita Tuna flakes scattered in the kitchen and hall - I'm certain it was intended to represent some kind of welcome-home-you've-had-a-bit-of-a-dissapointing-day sort of gesture. Nevertheless, after thanking the thoughtful kitty for her efforts I felt inclined to review today's garden progress rather than express my full appreciation at that moment. Just as in human life there's always something new in the garden, which is always a comfort and a reminder that all things pass. It's not always exactly what you want but as they say - It's the thought that counts aye?

2 comments:

SMC said...

I really want to comment, but don't know where to start. Bonita Tuna Flakes? Who keeps those in their house? Or perhaps the kitties are doing the food shopping now?

LYC said...

The Tuna flakes are for making Miso soup silly! They're more like catnip for Lola though....come to think of it...The Bonita Tuna flakes....has a nice ring to it....maybe a good name for a band?